About the Role
The BA Intern will design and deliver advocacy strategies and on behalf of a range of private sector, public sector and development sector clients. The ideal candidate will be someone looking for an opportunity to drive business development, and deliver health related, social and economic impact. The role requires someone who has prior experience working in West Africa particularly French speaking West Africa. The individual should have a track record and understand how to advocate effectively. Experience applying new approaches, and ability to navigate complex regulatory landscapes, build and maintain the partnerships will be important in this role.
- Strong experience designing advocacy strategies as well as individual issue-based campaigns and a strong understanding of best practice in stakeholder engagement.
- A range of technical skills that will enable the development of creative and innovative campaigns that leverage a diverse set of channels, from direct stakeholder engagements to social and digital media, mass mobilisation, thought leadership and focused behavioural change.
- Experience identifying and driving opportunities for partnerships across different stakeholder ecosystems – in line with overarching goals and objectives.
- Strong experience conceptualising and developing content for different types of mediums (print, radio, online etc), including very strong writing skills.
- Experience driving sales, product development and building a strong network.
- The project management experience required to take campaigns from ideology through to implementation and beyond – co-ordinating advocacy and stakeholder engagement campaigns and managing a team to deliver across different channels, content types and timelines.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
At least 3 year(s) of relevant experience
French – Required (Read, Write and speak fluently)
- Previous experience in sales, marketing would be a plus.
- Worked in different West African countries.
- A strong interest in, and enthusiasm for, politics, policy issues and current affairs
- Exceptional research and communication (written and oral) skills
- Sound reasoning and critical thinking
- Ability to synthesise large amounts of information in a concise manner while extracting pertinent insights
- The ability to assimilate, analyse and summarise written material quickly
- Time management skills and the ability to deliver high quality work with tight deadlines
- Exception writing skills